Designer Frames & Precision Lenses
Find your perfect match at Vision Source Woodlands.
The right eyewear balances form and function. You want to look great, feel great, and see clearly in every condition. Vision Source Woodlands can help you find your match.
Our optical studio features a curated collection of designer frames and precision lenses. Your eyes deserve the best, and our experienced team can help you find it.
Call or click to schedule your appointment.
What are my options for lenses?
There are many eyeglass lens options available. Your eye care provider will take your lifestyle and vision correction needs into consideration when helping you select the right lenses for your eyes.
Here are some of the most common eyeglass lens types:
- Transition lenses – These lenses are made of dynamic materials that automatically adjust to the level of surrounding light. They can take the place of prescription sunglasses and help block UV rays.
There’s no need to slow down now. The latest generation of Transitions® lenses is designed to keep up with your lifestyle, providing the best visual performance indoors and out, day and night.
- Darkens outdoors in seconds*
- Returns to clear faster than ever**
- Fully clear indoors
- Even darker outdoors
Light Intelligent Technology
Each of the Transitions lenses has a unique formula of adaptive lens technology. Made up of trillions of photochromic molecules, these patented formulas are integrated into the surface of the lens and constantly recalibrate, so the optimal amount of light reaches your eyes whether you’re indoors or outdoors.
- UV coated lenses – UV coating can be applied to regular eyeglasses unless the lens is made with polycarbonate. UV coated lenses look like any other lens – the coating is transparent.
- Tinted sunglass lenses – If you are getting prescription sunglasses, you might want to get tinted eyeglasses instead. These look like sunglasses and protect the health of your eyes by keeping out UV rays, but technically they aren’t true sunglasses.
- Blue Light Blocking – Discover a New Category of Lenses
Essilor, the market leader in innovation and technology, has expanded its portfolio. The brand new Essential Blue Series offers more than 3x more protection against Harmful Blue Light* than a standard clear lens.** Best of all, they offer unparalleled protection for every clear lens patient-without any yellow tint.Before now, Harmful Blue Light protection was only available on premium Essilor lenses. But with the launch of Essential Blue Series, this protection is available to all clear lens patients. Watch to learn about Essilor’s newest innovation.Beneficial VS. Harmful Blue Light
Not all blue light is bad for you. However, Harmful Blue Light is. It is emitted from devices your patients use every day-like computers, smartphones, and tablets. And since 60% of people spend more than six hours per day on digital devices, your patients will likely be asking what they can do to protect their eyes from this prolonged exposure to Harmful Blue Light. Be prepared with these>
Learn more at Essilor today.
- Scratch-resistant coating – A transparent coating that helps protect glass lenses from those annoying scratches. Scratch-resistant coating is especially useful for children’s eyeglasses.
- Plastic lenses – Plastic lenses make the entire eyeglasses weigh significantly less than glass lens eyeglasses. If you are a person who dislikes feeling the weight of eyeglasses on your nose, this lightweight alternative might be right for you.
- Thinner lenses – The special polycarbonate lenses greatly reduce the thickness of the lenses so that the eyeglass profile is more attractive. Thinner lenses come in thin, extra-thin and thinnest available.
- Anti-glare lenses – Anti-glare lenses are dipped in a special material to make them less reflective than regular eyeglass lenses. This coating also improves the function of the eyeglasses because less light is lost and the wearer enjoys very clear vision.Wearers of prescription glasses and sunglasses commonly encounter annoying glare and reflections caused by light bouncing off their lenses. This glare makes it more difficult to see, especially at night. Anti-reflective lenses reduce these reflections allowing more light to pass through to your eyes.All lens surfaces naturally reflect light and this reflection can prevent between seven to 14 percent of the light needed for optimal vision. Wearing non-AR lenses is like trying to read a book in a dimly lit room. Since AR lenses allow more light to reach your eyes by reducing reflections, it’s like turning up the lights in a room, making it easier to see.
Discover the Crizal® Difference
Crizal No-Glare lenses give you the clearest vision possible, so you’re ready for whatever comes your way—glare, scratches, smudges, and even UV light.
Crizal has been recommended as an effective UV protectant by the Skin Cancer Foundation
Crizal No-Glare lenses have earned The Skin Cancer Foundation’s Seal of Recommendation for their safe and effective protection against UV light*. The Seal of Recommendation, a symbol recognized and trusted worldwide, is overseen by renowned experts in photobiology and granted to products that meet the Foundation’s stringent criteria for safe and effective sun protection. Crizal No-Glare lenses provide comprehensive UV protection, blocking UV light transmission through the front of the lens and UV light reflection from the backside of the lens.
Need a prescription?
We do that too! Vision Source Woodlands offers comprehensive eye exams at our Woodlands office. In addition to assessing your visual acuity, your eye care provider will examine your eye health and function.
Schedule a comprehensive eye exam at Vision Source Woodlands now.